Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-2567 cable

Hi

I received PXI-2567 module with only one connector without a cable. How can I get the cable?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(8,983 Views)

Wessyn,

As outlined in How to Connect Signals to the PXI-2567, we provide a 78 pin DSUB connector and backshell kit for customers to create custom connectivity solutions for these modules. Many customer would use these to create their own cables or connectivity by soldering the connector to a cable or PCB. If you are interested in using a cable solution, it is not very difficult to find these solutions externally. Since this module is using a standard 78 pin DSUB connector, a quick internet search of "DSUB 78 Cables" reveals many external options for cables and connectivity.

As always, verify that the cabling setup that you do select can handle the voltage and current levels that your application requires. Additionally, you must install connectivity solutions according to local safety codes and standards and according to the specifications provided by the cable manufacturer.

Let me know if this did not answer your question!

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,979 Views)

Hey Wessyn,

FYI: The 2567 is a DIY module; NI provides the driver, you add your own relays, possible make your own PCB, and then figure out your application's optimal connectivity option.

If you are looking for a finished cable solution, Virginia panel sells at least four unique 2567 cabling solutions.  Check out their 'configurator':

http://www.vpc.com/wire_plus/configurator/

Apologies our presales channel did not clearly state the items you'd receive with the 2567.  We definitely value user experience feedback and are always open to any suggestions.

Have a wonderful everything.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,973 Views)

Not sure why NI doesn't offer a more convenient solution for connecting this board, but I found various length cables (p/n: ME AK-D78) and a few terminal boards (p/n: ME AD-D78M) that are available from Meilhaus Electronic, a company in Germany.  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,880 Views)

The interface/breakout box can be purchased from RS

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/non-fused-terminal-blocks/4881128/

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,101 Views)