Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-2564 RLP

I'm trying to find RLP information for the PXI-2564 and PXI-2570 relay cards, can someone point me in the right direction?

I'm trying to run in RedHat 6 64-bit.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,025 Views)

Johnbull,

The short answers is yes, but due to its ability to potentially damage the hardware if used incorrectly we generally try to keep this as internal as possible. 

Normally we would suggest you to attempt to use Linux NI-DAQmx 8.0.2 to program your device [as both the 2564 and 2570 are supported]. There may be some changes you might need to make in the installer as this is designed for Red Hat Enterprise Linux WS 4 but this has been done by many others in the past.

That being said if this does not work for you, and you NEED Register Level Programming, it would be best to call in to NI Support (1-866-ASK-MYNI) as we have some options* for you.

*These options are officially unsupported by R&D, and can not be published externally [hence the need to call in for support]. 

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,017 Views)

Thanks!

The main problem with DAQmx 802 is that it is only supported in 32-bit OS and we really need 64.  I was hoping it would have been updated by now, it's been quite a while since 802 was released.  We're also looking forward to Red Hat 7 (3.x kernels).

I do have the 2564 card working in DAQmx 802, but we need to get rid of the 32-bit depenency.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,010 Views)

RLP is the way you'll need to go... call NI support and we can get you that information.  Note you'll end up writing your own driver (as the name suggests).

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,993 Views)