Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-2532 switch cannot be read in MAX

Hey Guys, I have a PXI-1036DC Chassis with a PXI-2532 switch. I am sure I have setup the hardware correctly as the switch passes the self test. However when I try and create a new virtual device I am not able to pick the PXI-2532 switch. Any idea why this would be the case? I have tried the 'configure NI switches' button and the switch does even appear here. Also tried adding new logical names and driver sessions but still have no luck.

If someone could please help me with this problem it would be greatly appreciated.

Nikini

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,512 Views)

Hi Nikini,

Can you create a simulated 2532 switch on your mahcine and create a virtual device accordingly?  Have you tried to reinstall the driver, or try the switch in a different PXI slot?

Best,

Adam
Academic Product Manager
National Intruments
Message 2 of 6
(6,496 Views)

Hey Nikini,

The first thing we need to check is that the required software is installed.  From your post, it looks like you're trying to create a virtual device with NI Switch Executive (NISE).  Can you please let me know which version of NISE you're using?  To do this, open up Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) (should be on your desktop, or Start»Programs»National Instruments»Measurement and Automation) and then expand the Software tab:

NISEreq.png

While you're in there, let me know which versions of NI-DAQmx and NI-Switch you have installed.

Next, let's open up the NI-Switch Soft front panel (Start»Programs»National Instruments»NI-Switch»NI-Switch Soft Front Panel) and see if you can close relays in there.

-John Sullivan
Problem Solver
Message 3 of 6
(6,492 Views)

Hey Adam

I have tried all those options but still no luck. :(. Even when I create a simulated switch the switch does not appear when creating the virtual device. Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and even switch executive and still did not work. I have also tried the other slots with the same outcome.

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nikini

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,487 Views)

Hey John

Yes you are right I am using NI Switch Executive to create the virtual device.

I am using Switch Executive 3.00.49155, NI-DAQmx 9.2.2, NI Switch 4.1 and NI-Visa 5.0.

When I open the NI-Switch Soft front panel, I am able to select certain points on the schematic tab and in the relay tab these selected points become closed.

Cheers

Nikini

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,486 Views)

Hi Nikini,

What operating system do you have installed?

Regards,

Andrew

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,471 Views)