Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NISE "Simulate With" option under General tab

Under the Driver Sessions General Tab there is an option under "Simulate WIth" and I wanted to make sure that I'm understanding this option correctly.  Can someone explain the difference between selecting Don't Simulate and Specific Driver.  To me it seems as though if there are no hardware connected then I would choose Specific Driver and if there is actual hardware connected then I would choose Don't Simulate.  Either way if I don't have hardware connected and I choose Don't Simulate will this have any affect.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,223 Views)

Guy04,

if there are no hardware connected then I would choose Specific Driver and if there is actual hardware connected then I would choose Don't Simulate

You will use the "Simulate With" option exactly as you stated. You can have more information on that option by clicking on "Show help" in the upper right corner when you are in the General tab.

If you select "Don't simulate" and don't have hardware then you will get an error on the first call the driver is trying to make to the hardware.

Guy Ferraro
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,212 Views)