Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NISE: Order of Routes when selecting in Teststand

Hello,
i´m using Teststand 3.1 and NISE 2.0.
In NISE i have about 80 Routes which are in about 150 Route-Groups.
The Route Groups have the name:
1-1_text
1-2_text
1-3_text
2-1_text
2-2_text
2-3_text
2-4_text
10-1_text
10-2_text

In NISE the RouteGroups are in alphabetical order like it should be.

Then, when i go to Teststand and add a Switching to a teststep the Routes are still in alphabetical order (when opening the list "RoutesToConnect").

BUT: When i ADD a new RouteGroup in NISE somewhere between, for example with the name "2-7_text" then this group is in teststand at the "RoutesToConnect"-List at the last position and not sorted after 2-6_text and before 3-1_text.
In NISE it is still alphabetical.

So my question is:
Is there a way to sort this item (and all new groups) also alphabetical?
Perhaps there is way to export it as xml and then doing a cut&paste-Action and import i back.

Thanks for your help
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,785 Views)
You are on the right track - the only way right now to do this is to export your configuration, reorder items manually in the exported xml file, and re-import the configuration.

NISE sorts entries when displaying them in its UI, TestStand does not. That is why you see the difference between the two.

Let us know if it works for you.
Message 2 of 4
(6,771 Views)
The only thing i´m not sure about is WHAT exactly belongs to one Route-group (which lines do i have to cut) AND where do i have to paste i back?

The only thing i find is something like - [ CDATA [ 3-14_mytext]]
but how much lines under or above with attributes and references belong to this group?

Thanks for your help

Message Edited by Panastra on 03-11-2005 09:34 AM

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,770 Views)
Sorry for letting this slip through... an oversight on my side.

The route is an object i.e. anything between

to the matching

The guid for the class above is the guid for route objects. Other objects with other guids are not routes.

I hope this helps!

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,651 Views)