From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI-DAQmx topology

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

The problem I have encountered is that topology for NI_DAQmx switches is not saved when I export an INI file.  I want to avoid setting topology manually every time I import an INI file.  I have tried using the DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset function to set the topology, but the topology does not change despite the function returning success.  Given these issues my questions are as follows:

1) Is the topology saved to some other config file that I can access and modify?

2) Is there a way to set the toplogy programatically after importing an INI file?

Thanks,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(7,626 Views)

Hello,

Take a look at the following KB to see if it helps answer your questions:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/836390E0A691E1B786256DDD00780A85

-Jayk

RF R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(7,591 Views)

Jayk-

This article describes how to save a config file for DAQmx switches, however, my issues is that the topology is not saved in these config files.  I'm trying to find a way to be able to save/recall or programtically set the toplogy.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(7,576 Views)

Are you trying to change the topology during runtime or simply import your connection list for a configured topology?

RF R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(7,554 Views)

No, I'm just trying to import topology along with the connection list.  Not doing anything at runtime here.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(7,550 Views)

Can you post a screenshot of how you are configuring your topology and connection list?

RF R&D
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(7,532 Views)

Attached is a screenshot of my connections.  I load this set of PXI cards through the INI file.  The 2576 cards load up as 4x1 mux by default, but I want them to be 16x1 mux.  I'm looking for a way to import this setting automatically, or do it programtically.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(7,488 Views)

Thanks for posting the screenshot.  Since the ini configuration files, or other export methods, do not contain the configured topology it isn't possible to deploy topologies. However, you can use the DAQmx Switch Set Topology and Reset VI in order to set a particular topology within LabVIEW. I hope that helps!

-Jayk

RF R&D
National Instruments
Message 8 of 12
(7,483 Views)

I am not sure if you can import/export topology settings, but you can programmatically set the topology using the "DAQmx Switch Set Topology and Reset.vi" function. Attached is a screenshot of the VI and its associated context help entry. I hope this helps!

Regards,

Mike Watts
Product Manager - Modular Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(7,482 Views)

Is this vi doing the same thing as the C API call DAQmxSwitchSetTopologyAndReset?  I attempted to use this call and it completes and returns success, but the topology is unchanged.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(7,464 Views)