Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX Error: Unable to load configuration for PXI-Switch [-405]

Hello,

I should preface this post by saying that I have solved the problem and can't get it to happen again, so it is not a big issue, I am just posting for the benefit of others and possilbly NI. I also have no screenshots of the problem since it is gone.

I ran into the following error when I tried to click "Configure Switch" on the VISA Properties tab for my PXI-2503 under Devices and Interfaces in MAX (or right-click 2503>>Configure Switch):

Unable to load configuration for PXI-Switch.

Unable to access configuration information

[-405]

This message had the title "niswitchconfig" and an OK button. When I clicked OK, another error came up with a similar message (something like the "Unable to access configuration information" message), also with the niswitchconfig title.

I could find almost nothing anywhere relating to this error message. The only thing I did find was this 10 year old post seeing a similar error with a different cause. I tried the suggestion to run MAX as an administrator which fixed the problem, and now the problem seems permanently gone even if I run MAX as a normal user again, ensure that the Privilege Level is not administrator (right-click MAX icon>>Properties>>Compatibility>>uncheck Run this program as an administrator), reboot, etc.

If it helps, I've attached the technical support report from MAX, and I am running Windows 7 Professional 32-bit on a PXI-8102 controller, PXI-1044 chassis with a PXI-2503 and NI-Switch 4.3.5

-Rattier

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(5,860 Views)