From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to read in the present switch settings?

I have a TestStand sequence that sets a switch matrix to simulate what actual switches a user would set. I am writing most of the steps in LabVIEW. Depending on how the prior tests have turned out, some sub sequences may not be run and therefore, I don't always know the switch states (which routes are connected and which are not).

I need to either keep track of all the route states in variables, or be able to ask Switch Executive what they are. I would rather ask Switch Executive. I have not found any way to do that, however. Can you get the state of a route through Switch Executive?

I am using LabVIEW 7.1, TestStand 3.0 or 3.1, MAX 3.1, and Switch Executive 1.02.49165.

I am also open to other answer
s . . .
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,502 Views)
The niSE Find Route.vi will allow you to pass two channel names and determine whether there is a connection between them or not. Depending on how your switching is done, you might also be able to simply utilize the niSE Disconnect All.vi to disconnect everything and then simply reconnect what needs to be connected for the test.

If you are using NI hardware, you can also retrieve the relay states directly although this will not map back directly to the NI Switch Executive routes.
Message 2 of 3
(6,502 Views)
Jason,

Thanks for the prompt reply. I was looking at niSE Find Route.vi as a VI that only showed potential routes, not as one that showed the connections. I should have read the manual or at least the context help!

Thanks again,
Bob Young
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,502 Views)