Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set a relay name in NI SWITCH?

I'm trying to program a SCXI-1161 switch module using the NI SWITCH relay subpallet in Labview ("niSwitch Relay Control.vi", "niSwitch Get Relay Position.vi", and "niSwitch Get Relay Count.vi"). My application initializes the module using "niSwitch Initialize With Topology.vi" and then calls one of the 3 Relay vi's listed above. It doesn't matter which one is called, I get the same error everytime - "Invalid Parameter". Since the only input parameter aside from the error cluster and Instrument handle is relay name, I'm guessing this is the parameter that Labview is choking on. How do I set a relay name or determine what the relay name is, or have I misdiagnosed the problem?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,373 Views)
You should not have a problem using niSwitch Relay Control.vi and niSwitch Get Relay Position.vi if you pass in the correct value for the relay name (See attached example). The relays names for the SCXI-1161 are ch0 to ch7 and we usually write them on the hardware diagram of each device in the NI Switches Help>>Devices section.
Unfortunately the SCXI-1161 does not support niSwitch Get Relay Count.vi.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Guy Ferraro
NI USA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,371 Views)