From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I associate switches in a four layer relay tree using Switch Executive

I have a three layer relay tree, controlled with a PXI-2567, to route an instrument input to 16 DUT channels. How do I create aliases in Switch Executive to turn the appropriate set of three relays on and off to route the input signal to one of the channels?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,438 Views)
Hi Bob,

I am currently working on an application note that will discuss creating custom topologies from the relay driver or an independent relay card. Send me an email and I will forward you the document in it's current "draft" state. I'm sure it will give you a good head start for your development.

Ron Harrison
ron.harrison@ni.com
Product Marketing Manager
NI Switch Executive & NI TestStand
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,419 Views)
Bob,

Here is what you need to do to be able to call 2 end channels and create a route though 3 layers.

1) You have to tell NISE how the independent relays are connected to each other. You will do that by creating Hardwires.
2) You need to tell NISE that you want the channels connected to the hardwires to be used for routing. You will do that by marking the connected channels as "Reserved for Routing".
3) You can name the end channels according to your topology. COM for the single input channel and CH0 to CH15 for the output channels by creating aliases.

In the route editor, you will only need to create a route between COM and CHx and NISE will find the appropriate relays to close. In the route editor, if you only want to see the channels with an alias (COM, CH0, CH1 etc...) select in Options "Hide channels without aliases"
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,417 Views)