Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have anyone used agilent 3499 IVI driver from NI website with NISwitch Executive?

I have a custom RF switch Drawer which are controlled using 3499 Mainframe and 44471 General purpose relay modules from Agilent. I want to configure the switches and routes in NI Switch Executive with the IVI driver for 3499 from NI-IDNet. Have anyone done similar with Switch Executive before? (with Non-NI switch Hardware.

Thanks
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(8,507 Views)
Check out this thread:

Thread
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(8,494 Views)
Srdan,

I have already read tgh the link. It closed w/o much information on how to configure the Routes for the 3499 in the NISwitch Executive? I need some help in that

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(8,487 Views)
So Abdulla,
Can you make your question more specific?
How far did you get in NISE?
Did you create a NISE virtual device?
Did you add your 3499 module to it?
Do all the channels show up?
Did you try adding a route?
What kind of behavior did it exhibit?

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(8,481 Views)
Yes, I am able to see all the channels in the channel list of the NI Switch Exec.

1CH00H,1CH00L,1CH01H,1CH01L....1CH09H,1CH09L.

The 44471 is a general purpose relays. SPST relays. If I configure a route it gives an error saying the route is invalid. I will send you the screen shots soon.

Any thought on this, whether the driver is really configured for 44471 to work with NI Switch Executive.

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(8,473 Views)
So, what endpoints did you pick (in your example)?
What part of NISE tells you that the route is invalid? Validation? Can you see the route being created in the route editor?

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(8,465 Views)
Serge

I got it working, But I have some specific questions about deployment

1) Where can I find the Switch Executive Runtime or deployment version ?
2) I distribute only the IVI configuration file and NI SE exported configuration as instructed in the System Deployment Chapter in the NISE Help. Will it work only with the deployment version of NISE in the target PC?

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(8,437 Views)
Abdulla,

glad to hear you made it to work! As far as the deployment version of switch executive goes, the part number for it is 778548-00 (double check with your sales person please).
Yes, it will work (you will be able to see your configuration in MAX, you will be able to import it of course before you can see it, and you will be able to run it standalone with your application. You cannot change any of the configuration parameters with the deployment version - i.e. can't change any routes, channels etc.)

You will need your IVI configuration, and any instrument driver you use (e.g.3499 driver). Installing NISE deployment version will install MAX, VISA, and IVI infrastructure for you.

I hope this helps,

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(8,435 Views)
Serge,

Thanks for the quicky. I appreciate your help a lot. We bought the development version of NISE. I just need to find out how to get the deployment version out of it. I don't think we need to buy the deployment version separately, correct me if I am wrong. Please link me to some sales person in that case

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(8,432 Views)
For any machine other than the one you are developing on you'll need a deployment license. US list price is $295.-
Let me know what is your geographical area, and I'll forward you to the corresponding salesperson.

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(8,429 Views)