Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Have anyone used agilent 3499 IVI driver from NI website with NISwitch Executive?

Sothern California.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(4,984 Views)
Abdulla,

can you please send me your phone number so that I can have the sales guy contact you. You can email me your ph# directly to srdan.zirojevic@ni.com

thanks!
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(4,979 Views)
Hi Abdula,

It sounds like there is confusion regarding the deployments for NI Switch Executive(NISE). Hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

The licensing for NISE is on a per computer basis and there are 2 different types of license: development & deployment. The development license is used on your development machine. This allows you to create, edit, manage, export NI Switch Executive Virtual Devices which are essentially configurations of your switching system. The exported configuration is in XML format but it requires the NISE engine to correctly interpret it. Therefore whatever computer you run it on will also need either development or deployment software installed. The deployment can only import that configuration and run it. That being said, if you want your switch program using NI Switch Executive to work on another machine, you will need the following:
1) Development or deployment software
2) NI Switch Executive Virtual Device (XML file)
3) IVI Configuration File (XML file)

If you bought a single development license, you have rigths on 1 machine total. If you have 2 machines, you will need 2 license (either development or deployment depending on what you need to do in NISE).

Anyway, I hope that clears some of the confusion. Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Ron

Ron Harrison
Product Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(4,973 Views)
Hi Abdula,

It sounds like there is confusion regarding the deployments for NI Switch Executive(NISE). Hopefully I can answer some of your questions.

The licensing for NISE is on a per computer basis and there are 2 different types of license: development & deployment. The development license is used on your development machine. This allows you to create, edit, manage, export NI Switch Executive Virtual Devices which are essentially configurations of your switching system. The exported configuration is in XML format but it requires the NISE engine to correctly interpret it. Therefore whatever computer you run it on will also need either development or deployment software installed. The deployment can only import that configuration and run it. That being said, if you want your switch program using NI Switch Executive to work on another machine, you will need the following:
1) Development or deployment software
2) NI Switch Executive Virtual Device (XML file)
3) IVI Configuration File (XML file)

If you bought a single development license, you have rigths on 1 machine total. If you have 2 machines, you will need 2 license (either development or deployment depending on what you need to do in NISE).

Anyway, I hope that clears some of the confusion. Please contact me if you have any other questions.

Ron

Ron Harrison
Product Marketing Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(4,973 Views)
Serge

The customer is buying the Paper license for NI Switch Exeuctive Runtime version. I just wanted to know will I get the separate installation package for Runtime where only I cannot create any routes If so where will I get the package. Since I am working on some documentation based on this, I just need to put some info on the installation procedure on this. Any info on this will be helpful
Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(4,939 Views)
We do not currently offer a paper license only. Your customers (or you) will be getting the CD with the serial number for needed for the activation on the paper with it. The licensing is performed after the installation using the license manager, so it does not matter if you use the full development CD or the demo CD to install NISE.

I hope this helps some.

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(4,931 Views)
Thanks Serge. I understand how it is going to be.

So even in the deployment environment, one can go and create route. I really don't want that to happen at the factory installation someone open Max and create or modify the routes that were released. Any way I can protect this?

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(4,931 Views)

@Abdulla wrote:
So even in the deployment environment, one can go and create route. I really don't want that to happen at the factory installation someone open Max and create or modify the routes that were released. Any way I can protect this?

This is not correct. While the installation is the same, different licensing levels allow/prohibit certain actions. For example, the deployment license level prohibits any edits to the virtual device configurations. The only allowed operation is to create new virtual device via IMPORT option.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(4,929 Views)
Thanks for clarifing me

Thx
Abdulla
0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(4,924 Views)