From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hardware advice for photodiode array read-out

Hello everyone,

I have a photodiode array with 35 pixels. I want to record sequentially the signals coming from the 35 pixels. I would therefore need to multiplex these 35 signals to 1. Can somebody give me some advice on the hardware to use in order to realise this operation?
I have a DAQPad 6052E and a BNC-2090 to perform data acquisition. Unfortunately I don't have enough channels to record the 35 signals one after another.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,700 Views)

Hello,

What are specifications of your photodiode signal ?

I think you need a switch matrix instead of DAQ device. Have a look to this web page : http://www.ni.com/switches/

Regards,

Isabelle
Ingénieur d'applications
National Instruments France
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,680 Views)
Hello,

Thanks for your response.

Photodiode signal is a DC negative voltage (less than 5V). A multiplexer (or matrix) module seems indeed of interest. If I am right I would therefore need a chassis (PXI or SCXI) along with a multiplexer module and a screw terminal block (to connect the 35 signals)? Can I connect a multiplexer module to the DAQPad-6052E for data acquisition?

Best regards,
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,675 Views)