Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error BFFF000E using Agilent 3499a

I am getting the error: ag3499 Open List.vi<ERR>Driver Status:  (Hex 0xBFFF000E) The given session or object reference is invalid.

I think it is becuase it is not recognizing the 3499. When I select the instrument handle from the drop down menu, the menu displays GPIB0::1::INSTR but after selecting this it only displays GPIB0::1: in the menu.

Is there something that I should be doing to setup the 3499 beforehand?

Thanks,

Chris 

Message Edited by cmmad on 04-30-2009 11:33 AM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(8,668 Views)

Hi Chris,

You may have to simply type in the correct value instead of selecting it from the drop down menu. 

When shipped from the factory, the GPIB interface is selected and its address is set to “9”. The GPIB address of the instrument can be set to any value between 0 and 30.

For information on how to setup the 3499a beforehand, refer to the To Configure the Remote Interface section of the Agilent 3499A/B/C Switch/Control System User’s Manual:  http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/03499-90017.pdf

Hope this helps!

Chad Erickson

Switch Product Support Engineer

NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(8,664 Views)

I got the same error while trying to acquire measured data from the Agilent Data Logger 34830A. I made communication with the device, but its showing an error on the error out of the 'read measurement.vi'. As said before in this forum, I doubt that the error is because it couldn't identify the right instrument. I wonder if it's because it doesn't have any measurements to return? (I haven't connected the package yet!). Any idea what I can do to solve this? I have attached the part where it goes wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(7,594 Views)

Hello Renu13589,

The VI attached was blank 🙂 also, can you clarify what you meant by not having the package connected?

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

Natioinal Instruments

www.ni.com/support

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(7,581 Views)

Sorry about that. Hopefully I have attached it correctly this time.

What I meant is that the data logger is not reading anything. Or in other words, I haven't connected anything for it to measure something. So am hoping that's why the error is showing up and not because of any other problems. I am going to try connecting a load to it today, so that it will have some measurements to output. But still please go through my attached file and let me know if there is anything wrong with it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(7,579 Views)

I don't understand. You posted to a thread about the 3499A, you mention using 34830A (software) and you post some code that uses 34401A drivers (not a datalogger). The error in this thread (BFFF000E), has absolutely nothing to do with anything connected. Is that in fact what your error is? Are you in fact using the 34401 DMM? What exactly do you have for the VISA Resource Name and how did you select it? Did you type it in or select it from the dropdown menu? If this is not the error you got, why did you even post here and what is the actual error?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(7,575 Views)