Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR in NI VI -- "niSwitch Initialize With Options.vi"

Apparently there is an error in the niSwitch Initialize With Options.vi supplied with my PXI 2503 switch board.  I know there are new version of niSwitch, but I am using an older one with file dates of 6/29/2000. The bug is that the "IVI New Session" sub vi input terminal "resource name" is incorrectly wired to the call library node "option string" output terminal.  The correct source for the "resource name" input is the "resource name"  output terminl of the call library function.  If you make this change the VI seems to work.  Can anyone else with the old NI switch software verify this issue?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,272 Views)

Good morning brent2004,

Thanks for contacting National Instruments with your issue, we'll try our best to resolve it for you as quickly and efficiently as possible.

I have searched in our Corrective Action Database, and have verified that NI-Switch 2.0 did have an issue with the niSwitch Initialize With Options.vi and the logical resource name.  This is an extremely old driver that you're working with, and since the upgrade is free, I highly recommend it for your project.

Sincerely,

Minh Tran

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,260 Views)