cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting channels with PXI-2530B

Solved!
Go to solution

Trey,

I forgot to mention, when this setup is used we can no longer connect any channel to any COM channel. The Can Connect VI will return "Channel Not Available" and an error will occur mentioning that explicit connections cannot be made to a configuration channel.

If managing these errors becomes difficult, there is always the use of relay control to open / close relays without restrictions.

Capture.PNG

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(3,463 Views)

Frank,

Forgot to mention that I am using LabWindows. Also, I have taken another route and when using Independent Topology I have manually open/closed the switches that need to be closed when connecting two channels by using the Independent Topology diagram. I am assuming the Connect function was unable to work because of what you mention in your first post related to endpoint connections. Manually configuring has worked so far.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(3,461 Views)
Solution
Accepted by TreyB

Trey,

Sorry for the confusion! 

The function that I was using to set the channels as configuration channels in LabWindows / CVI should be as follows:

NI-SWITCH

ViStatus niSwitch_SetAttributeViBoolean ("Switch Session", "channel name", NISWITCH_ATTR_IS_CONFIGURATION_CHANNEL, True);

DAQmx

DAQmxSetSwitchChanAttribute ("channel name", DAQmx_SwitchChan_Usage, DAQmx_Val_ReservedForRouting);

Where "Switch Session" is the NI-SWITCH session, and "channel name" would be the COM channels used to route the signals from channel 16 to channel 48. The VI created set all COM channels (COM 0 through 7) as configuration channels.

The manual configuration of relays should also work, and is the "relay control" I was referencing earlier.

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(3,457 Views)