cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combined NI and other relays in Switch executive

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I am newbie in NI products and currently I want resolve one problem.

If I know relays and their connection paths. These relays are from NI and from some other producer. Can I in Switch Executive put First point and last point and SE will automaticaly join them using IVI drivers? The relay cards and theit drivers can be from different producers.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,181 Views)

My experience is that all you really need to get a switch to work with Switch Executive is a properly written IVI driver.  I did this once with a Pickering switch card.  Haven't tried any other vendors though.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,177 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sorg

Sorg,

Like crossrulz stated if you have a properly installed and configured IVI driver (in max) NI Switch executive can handle multiple different product types. This includes NI Switch modules and Third Party Switch modules. 

In order to set up automatic routing, you may need to do additional things (such as: provide Hardwires to show how the devices are connected, Reserve Rows for Routing, set up channel configuration by endpoints, etc.) Once this is set up, then you can create a connection by specifying endpoints and it will automatically route things for you.

Cheers!

Frank,
National Instruments
Software Group Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,172 Views)

Thank you for advice.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,170 Views)