Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to com1 using Switch Executive

I have a PXI2530 configured using Switch Executive 2.10.  The first 60 Channels are setup with my signal names on ch0 - ch59.  Com0, 1, 2 and 3 are my Instrument connections.  The IVI Driver Sessions has Driver Setup set to Topology:2530/1-Wire Octal 16x1 Mux. 

When I try to configure either a Channel, Route or a Group, there is only a com0 pin and no com1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7.  There is no way to connect to any pin beyond ch15.

The configuration looks like it is setup for a 128:1 mux, but when I try to connect ch16 to com0, it cannot complete the route.  Ch16 cannot be connected to com0 or any channel in the list.  Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,667 Views)
Hi Michael,

It really sounds like you're getting set up in Octal 16x1 topology.

Right-click the Switch under DAQmx Devices, go to Properties, and check out your configurations.

Also, when choosing your IVI switch in the menu to add to Switch Executive, click on the "Configure NI Switches" button and make sure you're in the right topology.

Both of those set properly works well here.

Thanks,
mike
Message 2 of 5
(7,653 Views)
Thanks, that fixed the problem.  I did not realize that the board had it's own properties separate from the IVI setup.
Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,648 Views)

Michael,

What probably happened is that originally the NISE vd was created using the 128x1 topology. If the driver session is changed to another topology (like Octal 16x1 Mux) and saved the linked from the NISE vd and the old topology still exists until you close MAX and reopen it. When MAx opens it establishes a link between the NISE vd and driver session which remains in memory until MAX is closed and reopened.

Guy Ferraro
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,642 Views)
NISE uses the switch modules that are set in IVI and the IVI topology of the switch modules set under driver session. The topology in MAX is being ignored when the switch module is used in NISE.

Message Edited by Guy Ferraro on 02-28-2006 04:04 PM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,642 Views)