Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete NISE virtual device

I tried to export one of my switch virtual devices and got an error. I then tried to delete the virtual device and it causes MAX to freeze up. I read that exporting a virtual device to a network server in MAX 4.0 had a bug and this is what I was doing. I still can't get my device (restored from backup) to export to the local machine either. I also had to rename the original virtual device as every time I select it MAX freezes up.

kph
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,148 Views)
If you try to export a NISE virtual device to a network drive you will get an error in MAX 4.0. This issue was fixed in MAX 4.1. I tested this myself and I was able to successfully export to a network drive. You can get MAX 4.1 in a variety of ways. One way is to download the newest DAQmx driver (currently 8.3). This driver can be downloaded from the ni.com website by clicking on Drivers and Updates and then selecting Multifunction DAQ. I also included the link below. Hopefully this will solve your problems.

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/websearch/7FEAEE6A4B4AA836862571C00064E6CA?opendocument&node=132060_US

Have a great day,
Brian Platt
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,139 Views)