From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can multiple Virtual Devices use the same IVI Driver Sessions?

I am using Switch Executive 2.0 and I'm having problems creating multiple Virtual Devices.

I have created a virtual device on a development computer that has no hardware connected to it.  This virtual device uses specific drivers to simulate the devices.  The problem I'm having is that when I create a second virtual device and try to add the same IVI Switches as the first Virtual device, I'm getting the following error:

An error has occurred while attempting to access the device deviceA_ivi.

Error -223116 occurred:
Internal Software error occurred in Switches software.  Please contact National Instruments Support.
File name: .\source\mxsWrappers\tMXSObject.cpp
Line Number 192:

Status Code: -223116

Can someone please explain why?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,110 Views)

Can you please elaborate on how did you create those simulated devices? Namely, what does your IVI configuration look like? What does the driver session for the logical name look like? What's the software module? What's the hardware module? What is the driver setup string, and what is the simulation mode for the device in question?

-Serge

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(6,106 Views)