Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use odinary webcamera in interface with Labview Vision System? If so Please let me know how to interface webcamera with Labview.

Hi friends,
I would like to introduce myself as Mr. Podila and Indian National doing my Masters in Mechatronics at Fh-Weingarten and I am doing a Scientific Project with vision system interface. I have problems for money in the department due to less availability of funds to buy high end camera. My Task is to check(automatically) the proper wiring on a correct pin of a Switch which has 8 pins in 2 rows and 5 out of 8 pins are connected to different colour cables. I have discussed this thing wiht my Professors they said I can get the image of the wires using ordinary webcameras. Can U please say me wehther labview 6.1 is compatible with
webcamera. If so how should I approach with this problem. Please help this budding engineer. Awaiting your esteemed response. Bye and Take care for now.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(11,828 Views)
Hello Mr. Podila,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.

I believe it will be possible to interface LabVIEW and your webcamera together. However, neither NI-IMAQ nor NI-IMAQ for 1394 support USB webcameras. Other LabVIEW users have had success using a variety of techniques. Here are a few of the many posts on this topic:

USB Camera
USB Webcam
Acquire an image from a webcam?

I recommend looking through these and other similar posts for a technique suitable to your application. If you are using the IMAQ Vision software to process the image, you will most likely need to convert it to the image datatype. To do this, Vision provides an IMAQ ArrayToImage VI.

Best of luck with your application.

Regards,

Jesse D.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(11,826 Views)

hai ,

i  have done  web cam interface    with  labview  . we  have    support   only for   logitech  web cam express  (webcam)  with  labview.  you  can find  the   related  dll  files  in the  website  .  if  you  couldnot  find ,mail me  i will  send  it  to  you .

my  id  is  : ganeshkumar.c@emrsn.com

with   regards

Ganesh

engineer-software  developement

emerson

Message 3 of 4
(10,946 Views)

hi, I am a beginner.

i want to access image from a toshiba's CMOS DIGITAL INTEGRATED CIRCUIT SILICON MONOLITHIC. TCM8230MD (A). i want access image from it into my labview

i want to know-

1. if i have to use IMAQ vision ?

2. will i have to  interface it with a microcontroller

3. will i need a seperate IMAQ board ?

4. I have access to labview 8.5, 9 and an NI elvis board.

Do reply ASAP.

Thank you

I am attaching the camera datasheet

Megha

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(7,995 Views)