Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Two Switch Device Controls Needed for Two 1127 Modules

I have two 1127 switch modules with device names SC1Mod1 and SC1mod2. Do I need to control each 1127 module separately as shown in the vi below or can the two device names be put in one control eliminating the redundant vis (DAQmx switch set topology ... vi and DAQmx switch wait... vi).

Thanks,

Steve
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,440 Views)
Steve,

There is currently no way to specify more than one device as an input to those two VIs you mentioned.

When I looked at this, my first thought was - Switch Executive - it allows you to control the switching configuration as one object regardless of the number of actual devices you have. It may be worth looking into (you may already have the evaluation CD enclosed with your NI_DAQ and switches package).

Then I thought - Switch Executive has a boolean on its Connect VI that you can use to specify whether or not to wait for debounce - and it occurred to me that DAQmx Connect Multiple VI has the same boolean.

So, while you still have to reset and set the topology on your devices separately, you can avoid having all those wait VIs just by passing true to the connect multiple VI's wait for settling input.

I hope this helps,

-Serge
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,437 Views)
Steve,

If you are not changing the topology of the switch module that is set in MAX you do not need to use the Set Topology vi before using the switch module.
Also you can use the "wait for settling" instead of wait for debounce vi.

Guy Ferraro
NI USA
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,429 Views)