Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agilent 34980 17500 Error

Hello,

i have a problem with NISE in TestStand. I'm using TestSTand 3.5, Labview 8.2 ,NISE 2.1 and Max 4.1. The IVICP is 3.0. The device we want to switch is an Agilent 34980A.
With the max we can switch the created route without any problem.
Then we use TestStand and use the same route we get an errror.

I have made some screenshots from the Error and a NI Spy log when we switch with the Max and do the same in Teststand.

We don't know what we should do to repair this error.

best regards

Tumbler
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(11,026 Views)

Hi Tumbler,

I would like to ask a few follow-up questions:

I'm assuming you are using the NI Switch Executive Test Panel in MAX to close "Route0". 
1.  Is this a correct assumption? 
2.  Have you been able to successfully validate your routes and route groups (with the simulated option checked and unchecked)?
3.  Are you simulating via IVI (this would be selected in your Driver Session) or are you toggling actual hardware states?
4.  Which Agilent driver are you using?  There is a generic Agilent driver and one specifically made for use with NI Switch Executive, as shown at the following link: 
http://adn.tm.agilent.com/index.cgi?CONTENT_ID=2750

Thanks!

Chad Erickson
Switch Product Support Engineer
NI - USA

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(11,003 Views)
1. Yes this is correct. And i here the relais in the 34980 switching
2. Yes if i press the validate button in max my route is ok.
3. No i have select don't simulated
4. I have installed now this driver you have linked for NiSE but it don't work i got the same error.

best reguard

Tumbler
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(10,989 Views)
Hey Tumbler,

If you don't mind, we would like to get some configuration files to see exactly how you have everything configured.  You can right click on the virtual device in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) and select to export.  This should export an xml file for that switch.  We would also like to look at the IVIConfigurationStore.xml and .xsd file from C:\Program Files\IVI\Data.  

Additionally, I'm assuming you are just setting the step properties for a step within TestStand to switch, but could you attach the sequence file you are using as well?

Thanks,
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(10,960 Views)

Yes I can.

Here please

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(10,953 Views)
Hey Tumbler,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been looking into the issue, and we were able to reproduce the error on our end.  One thing that might help is that this error does not appear to occur when connecting the switch via USB.  So I think if you connect it with USB you should at least be able to get it up and running.  Our troubleshooting seems to suggest it might be something with the Agilent side of the GPIB driver, but this is not conclusive.  We are going to continue to try and look into this, and we will update you with any further progress. 

Thanks,
Pat P.
Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(10,905 Views)

Ok thank you Patrick

i will try it with USB. I have tried it with Labview and it still works too.

Thank you very much.

Best Reguards

Tumbler

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(10,901 Views)
Yes it works very well with USB. Did you try it with LAN? I can't use it with Lan because Max don't found the device.

If you have a new driver from Agilent it would be nice to get it.

best reguards Tumbler
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(10,900 Views)

Hello Tumbler,

I guess it's a bit TOO late for you but maybe someone else will have the same issue concering MAX.

You can add the 34980 into MAX even if it does not find it.

You go to Devices and interfaces -> network devices and you press "add network device".

Then you insert the IP of your 34980 and you will be able to communicate through MAX.

cheers

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(7,264 Views)