Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2530 independent operation cannot connect Com7

I am using a PXI-2530 (not 2530B) with LV2013 and Switch Executive 3.6 to probe multiple locations with a DVM.  There are separate switches on one bank to connect the DVM voltage inputs or current inputs.  The prefered topology is Independent which would allow probing of channels on the same bank as the DVM, but a 16x1 muliplexer would still allow 75% of the functions to connect.

The 2530 is setup in the IVI Driver Setup as '2530/Independent' using  IviDriver 1.0 and IviSwitch 3.0. 

Routing paths have been created for channels 95 through 111 to connect to Com6.  When creating a route for Ch127 to connect to Com7, an error states: "Routing Channel Required: To complete the route, you must reserve a channel for routing."  This seems list a native connection that the board should make without any routing channels required.

Is this board capable of independent operation?  Is it configured correctly?  It is behaving like a 32x1 muliplexer.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,506 Views)

The 2530 in Independent Topology has a channel pcom7 between ch127 and com7

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/375472G-01/switch/2530_independent/

My guess is, you either need to reserve it for routing or make it part of the route.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,496 Views)

Thank you for your help.  I have verified that the terminal block is set to none and the topology is set to independent in the configuration.

It appears from the diagram that pcom7 would be used to connect com6 to com7, thereby enabling the 32x1 operation.  There is also a kcom7 that might be preventing the connection from ch127 to com7.  The Reserve Routes dialog shows pcom7, but does not show kcom7.

I would expect that the P, K, KB, etc. would be closed when the topology was selected.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,472 Views)