From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Switch Hardware and Software

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-223100 error in NI Switch Soft Panel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello -

I am baffled with this error.  Smiley Mad  See attached picture:

Error -223100 occured at lvGetChannelIDMapping.

This error is being displayed when the NI Switch Panel EXE is initially opened.  Oddly it ONLY appears when the NIPXI2532 Matrix page is displayed, what I mean is that when I change the Active Device to something else all the other switches work fine.  When I go back to the NI-PXI-2532 active page, the error is displayed again.

Using LabVIEW 2010 on a Windows XP machine.  I have not used this machine in awhile, so I don't have a good idea of when this problem first appeared.

To add more drama, NI MAX version 4.7.6 does not load either, it gets stuck on the 'Loading plug-ins' page.  I attampted to repair the installation and it did not work, still being hung on this page.

Looks like I cannot simply uninstall MAX because it is linked to every single driver and LabVIEW version.  Any suggestions on the error and the relation to the issue with MAX?

Thanks,

PH

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,411 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Teds

Updating to a newer version of NI DAQmx and NI MAX should solve both issues. There is documented problems with older driver versions and lvGetChannelIDMapping.

Message 2 of 4
(6,372 Views)

I had hoped not to go that route, the system is stuck on older versions of software for various reasons.  We have five functional test systems with this 2010 configuration of software/drivers and for some reason only this one is exhibitting the -223100 issue.

I had attempted to both repair NI MAX and NI Switch via Add/Remove Programs but that did not work.  Oddly enough the Matrix seems to be working fine as I can control it within LabVIEW but I cannot view it in NI Measurement & Automation Explorer or the soft panel.

I will talk to NI Support directly and see if they can find out a better workaround and I will post my findings.

Thanks,

PH

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,362 Views)

Updated to NI Switch 4.3, I still have to support LabVIEW 8.5 on this test system so that was the highest version I could go.  Installing the updated NI Swtich also updated MAX to 4.8.

The above reinstall fixed the -223100 error. Good.

The remaining MAX issues were due to a corrupted MAX database.  I ran the LV2010 Corruption Executable, provided by NI, and that successfully restored MAX.

PH

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,327 Views)