Southern Ontario LabVIEW User Group Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

July 7 User Group Meeting

Hi all!

We'll be having a user group meeting on July 7th, from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at the Fiamma Ristorante. Here are the details:

Thursday, July 7

Fiamma Ristorante

5555 Eglinton Avenue

Mississauga, ON M9C 5M1

Topic: LabVIEW UI Tips and Tricks

This presentation goes over basic user interface theory, best practices  and cool tricks of doing UI design on a LabVIEW VI Front Panel, and  resources for finding existing UI components.

A fixed menu of their pizza selection will be provided by National Instruments.

And here's a little bonus - all attendees will receive 15% off on LabVIEW Core 1 and Core 2, and 25% off on LabVIEW Core 3 training courses. Hope to see you all there!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(9,308 Views)

I actually showed up for this only to be told it had been cancelled. Perhaps these events could use better organization and communication in the future?

Sincerely,

Johann Junginger.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(8,002 Views)

Hi Johann, we're terribly sorry for you to go to the the meeting only to find out that it was cancelled. We sent out an e-mail the day before to those that registered for the event, but we see that it becomes a problem for those that didn't register. In the future we'll do better to communicate to everyone regarding updates to these events.

In this community group you can find the powerpoint presentation on the topic we were planning to discuss. If you have any questions on the presentation or additional feedback in general please let us know. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(8,002 Views)

Hi Albert,

Not a problem – sometimes things don’t work out as planned.

It was not clear that registration was required, nor was it clear to me how to do so in the earlier communications. I did receive a reminder email shortly before the event, to which I replied to confirm my intent to attend, but it bounced? This is why I think the communication process for these events can be improved...

Sincerely,

Johann.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(8,002 Views)

Hi Johann, thanks for the input. It'll help us in the future to prevent issues like this from happening again. I will look into the reminder e-mail that you received and we will make it clear that registering for the event is the best way to stay updated. Our communication can definitely be improved!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(8,002 Views)