South East Michigan LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recertification

Hello,

I guess my re-certification is due and I have learned the process for redeeming points.  Here is a snipit of the email I got from NI

Please send an email to certificationrewards@ni.com with the activities you have attended and dates as well and they will add your points towards your re-certification.

Here is the link explaining the points

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(7,881 Views)

Got my recert info back.  Really painless.  I like this over retaking the test every year.

Hello Dan,

We have recorded your recertification activities and issued your points.  This brings your total above the required 50 points.  Congratulations on re-certifying your CLD status!

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,707 Views)

Awesome! Thanks for leading the user groups ☺

Copyright © 2004-2023 Christopher G. Relf. Some Rights Reserved. This posting is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(6,707 Views)

Your very welcome

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(6,707 Views)

I just took and passed the CLD-R yesterday. I took and passed it three years ago and it didn't get any easier.

From now on, I'm going to be a fixture at the user group meetings so I won't have to take and pass it a third time!

GCentral
Message 5 of 8
(6,707 Views)

I have been programming with LabVIEW for 18 years and I worked as a contractor in a various types of projects and I can say that I failed my 1st CLD-R as the questions as not there to test your LabVIEW skills, they test your memory and if you can remember some side issues in LabVIEW that few of us use in our carrier as Labview programmers.  In addition some questions in the exams I found in the NI sight to prepare for CLD-R have wrong answers.  For example the recursive VI that calls itself dynamically using call by reference to perform a factorial calculation has an answer of 0 no matter what if it is run as shown in the exam paper, as the output of the 1st recursive call is always zero and zero multiplied by anything is zero. 

They are trying to do a factorial of 4 this way.  I have implemented the VI from the picture in the exam paper and then run it and the answer is 0 as I expect, their answer is 24 which is only right if you add a piece of code that identifies recursion count and if it is the 1st recursion it sets the value to 1, then carry on the factorial recursively.  If I will have this question in my next exam, I will go for the answer that is equal to the factorial of the input knowing it is the wrong answer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,869 Views)

Hello,

Yes the CLD-R is terrible.  I have complained along with many other people to NI about this test.  I have also failed it.  I have passed it as well but by the smallest for margins.

I would recommend recertifying with points.  You can look at the document here

You get points for attending and presenting at user group meetingsSmiley Wink

Thanks

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,849 Views)

Points all the way for me.  I'm renewed until 2023 at the moment.  I never want to take another exam again.  I may take a TestStand certification at some point I guess but I'm not sure I should bother, I don't really use it anymore.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,842 Views)