Sound and Vibration

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI pallette for reading mp3 files

Hello concerned,

Can somebody let me know the VI pallette for reading the Mp3 file. I want to get the mp3 file and filter it for different operation it to implement an audio equalizer with it.

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(21,047 Views)

Hi,

The best way to load an MP3 file into LabVIEW would be through the USI plug in. I hesitate to say it would be the only way. (Lots of ways to do things in LabVIEW)

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/11951

Is a very high level walk through of using a data plugin.

You will need to run the audio USI plugin before doing this.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/44

I don't know why the documentation implies it only works for .WAV files. I have used it to open the kalimba mp3 file that ships with Windows.

I have not made any functionality yet beyond just pulling up the file.

I would encourage you to have a data loading phase and then manipulate the data. Trying to stream data from the file as you manipulate may be difficult to implement.

I will post further code if i can get anything like a functional equalizer running.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(12,045 Views)

Yes, this works.  Here's what I did below.  You can get it to show up as waveform data, then you can filter it as you wish.

Read Mp3 2.png

Read Mp3.png

Message 3 of 7
(12,045 Views)

very usefull

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(12,045 Views)

Btw, if someone is having a problem with the x-axis formatting strangely here's what you can do:
Double click on the "Read Data" Express VI. In the bottom right hand corner, where it says "Output data channels as:" Choose something other than "Array of Waveforms" or really anything other than Dynamic Data Type. Then you can format the x-axis as needed.

ZK
Technical Support Engineer | NI | Not actually retired but I don't know how to change that
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(10,628 Views)

Yes. you can.

First you need convert mp3 to simple data.

Then put it in LabVIEW player format Y, 

LabVIEW format is single channel data and make a array.

So the key is convert to wave format. 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,899 Views)

The format has problem. This open not support mp3 format.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,871 Views)