SoWLUG (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Topics for SoWLUG 11/3/15

So the next meeting has a date and a venue, lets get some content that excites us!

https://decibel.ni.com/content/groups/south-west-labview-user-group-uk/blog/2014/12/05/date-and-venu...

If you would like to talk about something or would like something to be talked about, please respond to this.

If you like any of the topics that have been proposed, please "like" that comment. This will be used to choose the content majority want to hear/talk about.

Thanks,

K

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 22
(15,997 Views)

I enjoyed the code challenge we had towards the end of the seminar at UWE.

If you would like to see this happen again, "like" this comment

K

Message 2 of 22
(12,122 Views)

Deployment of LabVIEW on cheap Linux based systems

Message 3 of 22
(12,122 Views)

Hey Kevin,

Would you like to speak about this or like someone to pick this up?

K

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 22
(12,122 Views)

Hey,

Someone to pick this up would be good, as I am keen to hear more.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 22
(12,122 Views)

I'd like to present

The Joe Simpson Guide to Project Planning*

If anyone isn't familiar with his exploits I strongly respect the movie below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc2XJT9NP1E

Dan

*not officially endorsed by Joe Simpson

Dan

CLA

Message 6 of 22
(12,122 Views)

Hi all,

I'm still uncertain as to whether I'll be able to attend this, though I hope I can, but I was wondering whether someone would be able to present something/give some information on using Git with LabVIEW? This is something that I'm trying to bring in at the company that I'm at and am finding some of the functions (eg merge) to be a bit tricky with respect to graphical programming.

Thanks!

Shalimar

ShalimarA | CLA
Message 7 of 22
(12,122 Views)

Hi Shalimar,

Are you talking about moving to Git from something else or just adopting Git as a source code control in a group that doesn't use any at the minute?

Moving to Git from SVN I'd be happy to talk about. Using these technologies in a team and the fun involved in that, someone else is probably better placed to talk about it.

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
Message 8 of 22
(12,122 Views)

Hi Mac,

I've managed to convert our projects over from SVN to Git, so that's okay thanks!

The issue is more the co-working aspect. Eg, when I make several changes to a project and push it up to the server and someone else pulls it down, they find that none/some of the changes were merged to their current working directory. So we've had to either do very frequent pulls/pushes from/to the server or else clone the repository down to a new working directory if someone has made a substantial amount of changes...

Shalimar

ShalimarA | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 22
(12,122 Views)

Hi Shalimar,

As a primarily solo developer, I'm probably not the best person to talk about that then 🙂

James Mc
========
CLA and cRIO Fanatic
My writings on LabVIEW Development are at devs.wiresmithtech.com
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 22
(12,122 Views)