From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SoWLUG (UK)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Agenda and Venue for next SoWLug event - 11/03/15

We hope are able to join us for the next South West LabVIEW User Group which will take place on Wednesday 11th March you'll have the chance to meet other LabVIEW users and learn, collaborate and network with some new faces - we hope you can also join us for a drink after the event!

Agenda:

• Introduction - 10 mins - DB
  • LabVIEW 2014 SP1 - Group discussion - 10 mins
    •      Why not try 2014 SP1 before you arrive to get the most benefit
  • Recertification - Group discussion - 10 mins
  • Atlassian Suite and websockets library - 20 mins - Martin McD
  • LabVIEW in Linux and Gizmo board for £100 - 20 mins - Kevin R
  • Ask other engineers (Open forum for Q/A) - 20 mins
  • Code challenge + prize - 30 mins
    •       If possible bring a laptop with LabVIEW installed if you want to participate (there will be a few available but we cannot guarantee numbers
  • Social drinks afterwards for anyone who is interested

Tea / coffee will be available during the event as well as some light snacks.

Venue

We  are excited to be holding this quarters event at the Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution, the address of which is:

16-18 Queen Square,

Bath

BA1 2HN

If you are interested in attending please sign up via Eventbrite. 

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/south-west-labview-user-group-sowlug-110315-tickets-15991461893

If you have any questions regarding the South West User Group please contact Austin Consultants on 0800 772 0795 or email s.tooze@austinconsultants.co.uk

We look forward to seeing you on the 11th March!

Directions

By road: BRLSI is on the A4 as it goes through the centre of Bath. We are five minutes from the Charlotte Street long-stay car park (10 mins if you park at the far end!) - drive past BRLSI, turn left at the top of the square, then first right (it's the empty space below 'Royal Ave' on the map, right). There is also limited on-street parking in Queen Square.

By rail/bus: Bath Spa railway station is 10-15 minutes walk away (south-east of BRLSI - drag the map, right, to see it), and Bath's new bus station is next door to it. Taxis are available from the railway station at most times.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(8,016 Views)

Hi there!

I'm glad the SoWLUG is going ahead next week. I am just wondering though how the topics were chosen for the agenda? There are only 2 planned discussions about LV2014 and recertification.

When the original post was set up many different topics were suggested and people wanted to present on topics like "Deployment on Linux", "Project Planning", "GIT/Atlassian", etc. Are these going to be included? I don't think a free discussion for 30 minutes is going to cover this.

Let me know what you think.

Regards,

Larry

Larry Colvin
Associate Principal Engineer
Dyson Technology Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,608 Views)

Hey Larry,

Agree

I have updated the blog post above. The times are for guide only, so it will most probably over run!! But the idea is to start at 2 and finish before 5.

Regards,

K

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,608 Views)

Brilliant,

Looks like its going to be really interesting thanks!

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Regards,

Larry

Larry Colvin
Associate Principal Engineer
Dyson Technology Ltd.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,608 Views)