From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird readings of pressure transducer using cDAQ9172 and module9237

I am trying to take readings from a pressure transducer using the NI cDAQ 9172 and a NI module 9237. I am using signalexpress and setting up a custom voltage step. the pressure transducer I am using has a rating of 0-1 psig with an excitation voltage of 10Vdc. The specs that came with this piece of equipment say the Output is 1 psi 17mV. I have setup signalexpress with 10 volts as the excitation but what should the input range be? Should it be 0-17 mV or should I leave it as it is at 25-(-25) mV? Also, the readings I am recieving do not make sense. With no column of water on the pressure transducer I get negative readings and when I but 2.3 feet of water in the column, which should give a reading of 1 psi or 17 mV, I get a very small reading at 800nV. I am not sure how to make sense of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,599 Views)

This Issue has been resolved via Phone Support. 

Thank you 

Charley Dahan

Global Account Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,587 Views)