From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voltage & counter synced logging

Hi all,

I'm working on developing a tribometer, for which I need to read a load cell and a quadrature encoder and gather data points with a timestamp, angular position, and load cell voltage. I'm using a USB-6210 into SignalExpress 2011 v5.0.0, and I have so far managed to successfully acquire both voltage and position (as a counter), but I'm having trouble getting synchronized aqcuisition. When using continuous acquisition, does selecting an external sample clock negate the values in the buffer size and sample rate fields? I have been attempting to use PFI0, which is the A-channel on my encoder, as the sample clock for both devices, but with no success so far. 

Basically, is there any way to use SignalExpress to grab synced readings from my load cell and encoder, and then log those/dump them to excel with a timestamp?

Thanks,

Emilio

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,356 Views)

The sample rate and buffer size should still be relevent when using an external clock. If you are trying to use the A-channel of your encoder as a sample clock, then what would happen if channel B leads channel A in our encoder? You may need to use a different clock source for these devices.

Synchronizing Devices
http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371268J-01/expresswb/synchronizing_devices/

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,335 Views)