SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using the scxi 1520 and a thermistor

I'm using the SCXI 1520 module and SCXI 1314 Terminal block. what do I need to do to get a reading on my thermistor?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(5,928 Views)

Hello Mr. Metcalf,

To read from your 1520 strain gauge module, you will need a data acquisition (DAQ) board to control and acquire from your module. You will need to configure this system in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX). For more information on this manner, please reference Configuring Your SCXI System with a DAQ Board. The steps may slightly differ depending on your software versions.

You will then be able to select the channels of interest in your SignalExpress Step. For more information, please reference the Getting Started with LabVIEW SignalExpress (Multilingual), Configuring a Step section to acquire your data.

Keep in mind that the 1520 is a strain gauge input module and was not designed to take thermistor measurements. 

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(5,914 Views)

Let me be more specific, We are using the Geokon Model 3500 Earth Pressure Cell. This Pressure cell has a two wire thermistor and we need help hooking it up to the SCXI 1314 terminal block and configuring its settings in DAQmx. it would be fantastic if you have specific instructions on how to hook this measuring device up to the SCXI 1314 terminal block plugged into the SCXI 1520 module using the SCXI 1001 Chassis.

Thanks

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(5,845 Views)
Hello Jason,

Most pressure transducers are bridge-based sensors, in which case you will need to configure the DAQmx task accordingly. In your particular case, I would recommend reading the following user manuals for instruction on connecting the hardware.

SCXI-1520 User Manual and Specifications
SCXI-1314 Universal Strain Terminal Block Installation Guide and Specifications

Configuring this application in software will vary depending on the program that you choose to use. DAQmx should have installed SignalExpress in which case I would recommend referencing the previously mentioned Getting Started with LabVIEW SignalExpress (Multilingual) manual to configure the acquisition in software. Your Step will likely be using Custom Voltage with Excitation Task.

How to Select Custom Voltage With Excitiation Using DAQmx or DAQ Assistant

Regards,
Glenn
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(5,822 Views)