SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

time logging

I bought a USB 6501 card, which is going to be connected to 16 on/off electric signals. I just want to log any status change, from 0 to 1 and from 1 to 0. I expect to have a record for every change, recording the id of the signal (1 to 16) , the state and the time.

This way I can also measure the length of the on or off intervals. Can this be done in Signal express (which I supposed it is going to be delivered to me together with the USB card)?

If yes, is it possible to write all the records into some Access tables?

Thank you,

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,990 Views)

Hi Davide,

with Signal Express you can log your signals in a TDMS format which can be used to process datas in LabVIEW or Diadem by enabling the "Record" button.

You cannot record datas into Access Tables.

Hope this can help,

Regards.

Andrea N.
Principal Applications Engineer - Semiconductor EMEA
National Instruments Italy
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,968 Views)

Ok, but is it possible to log the data into a ASCII/text file or so, in order to access them with some standard/Office application? or not?

Thank you,

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,954 Views)

Yes it's possibile to save data as ASCII file. If you're recording datas you can right click on the log file and select "Export -> Microsoft Excel"

Ciao, 

Andrea N.
Principal Applications Engineer - Semiconductor EMEA
National Instruments Italy
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,952 Views)

Ok, I have set up everything and I have also started to collect some data using Signal Express:

1. is it possible to configure the sampling frequency ?

2. I want to log only the changes of state (1 to 0 and 0 to 1) for each connected port, together with date+time. How can I do it?

Thank you very much to all experts,

Davide

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,949 Views)