SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

synchronize analog outputs of 2 pci

Hi,

I am using two PCI  to generate and acquire analog signals: each PCI (PCI6251 PCI-MIO-16E) has the possibility to generate 2 analog outputs.

I need to generate 3 output analog signals.

All the inputs (the acquired signals) are synchronized to the Dev1/ao/SampleClock (this option is in the tab "Advanced Timing" in the two DAQmx Acquire step). 2 analog outputs are generated by the Dev1 so the reference clock setting in the tab "Advanced Timing" of the corresponding DAQmx Generate was set to "Internal".

I'd like to set the the third analog output generated by the Dev2 so that it is is synchronized with all the inputs and outputs. To do this I set the reference clock in the tab "Advanced Timing" of the DAQmx corresponding to the 2nd device to "External" but there is only an option to choose: Dev1/20MHz Timebase.

Analyzing the data it does not seem that the output is synchronized with the other signals and in choosing the reference clock I  don't have any other option.

How can be sure that they are synchronized?If not how can I synchronize them?

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,207 Views)

Hi,

you can find here a detailed tutorial on multi-device synchronization.

As you can see, you have to connect the two PCI devices with a RTSI cable, which should be registered in MAX, and export either reference clock or sample clock through this RTSI cable.

However, I don't know if you can set these low-level signals in SignalExpress.

Bye,

Licia

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,193 Views)

The RTSI cable is already connected. If it were not, neither the inputs of the 2 devices would be syncrhonized

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,191 Views)