SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal names

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using SE 2013 and I would like to know how to change the Legend names for thermocouples in the Chart under Data View.

The signals currently displayed as the channel names from the particular module.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,148 Views)
Solution
Accepted by miskosr

If I understand your question properly, you're looking to rename each of the signals to something meaningful rather than the default name: chassis/module_#/channel_# correct?
If so, simply right click on the channel name in the DAQmxAcquire step and select rename. This will make a global change of the channel name including all downstream steps and the labels in the graph.

If you're looking to customize the labels in a local graph you can do that by right clicking within the graph and selecting Properties.

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
Message 2 of 5
(6,144 Views)

That's correct OKors, I would like to rename the signal names to something meaningful.

Your suggestion to " right click on the channel name in the DAQmxAcquire step and select rename. This will make a global change of the channel name including all downstream steps and the labels in the graph.", worked for me.

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,139 Views)

Glad that worked for you.
Also, side thought... If you had any steps downstream from your DAQmxAcquire step prior to renaming your channels, you may need to "interact" with the downstream steps for the name changes to apply. This is simply a matter of going into the step's setup tab and clicking on something. I usually find a checkbox to check then uncheck (or visa versa).

Its a minor inconvenience with a simple enough workaround. I've just gotten used to doing it so it's not really a big deal anymore.

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,133 Views)

I'm sure that I would run it to that problem eventually. Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,130 Views)