SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal express project documentation

I've been having problems with the "project documentation" section of my Sound And Vibration Assistant (based on signal express). It's been locking up and corrupting previously good projects. When I add the peak search step to the documentation and hit "view as - cascade" everything seems to fail, the project locks up, is not responding, it doesn't even let it close, have to call task manager to close it, after that when I try to open again that same project, it doesn't even open fully and is locked up again. Any help with this would be apreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,673 Views)

F@SII,

I've got a couple of background questions for you:

• How many channels are you analyzing?
  • What version of the Sound And Vibration Assistant are you using?
  •  Are you using a waterfall graph or a cascade graph?

From there, we may be able to track down why the crash is occurring.
Seth B.
Principal Test Engineer | National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
Message 2 of 7
(6,651 Views)

Seth:

I was just analyzing one channel at the time.

The sound and vibration version we are using is 6.0.0.

Signal express ver 3.0.0.

It is a waterfall graph.

For some reason it also crashed when I was trying to resize one of the other displays that I had in project documentation.

Some time ago I also reported some problems with printing the Peaks display (Reference#7211104). Could this be related?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,648 Views)
I'm having some issues reproducing the issue that you are seeing.  Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot or a summary of the steps involved in your program?  I particularly need information related to what kind of data you are initially gathering and what data you are doing a peak search of.  Hopefully, this will enable to me reproduce the issue and find a workaround.  Thanks in advance.
Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,627 Views)

Hello Seth, I'm attaching a couple of files. The first one contains a screen shot of the steps that I'm using in the project, The second one is the message that I received when SAV assistant quit on me and the third one is the printout of project documentation before it started failing, the second to last graph is the one I think is creating most of the problems, when I removed that graph from project doc it worked fine, other than when I tried to resize one of the other graphs.

I'm gathering data from an accelerometer I take the time domain signal and transfer it to freq domain, zoom in on the power spectrum linear magnitude scale.

Let me know if you need any other info.

F@SII

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,616 Views)

F@SII,

I've tried a couple of ways to reproduce this problem on this end, but I'm not having much luck. What percentage of your computer's memory is in use before you modify the graph?  Also, if I had a copy of your project, I would probably have more luck reproducing the crash.  You can either post the project here or, with your permission, I could e-mail you and have you respond with the project attached.  This will allow me to recreate your setup on a test machine with the actual project in hopes of triggering the crash.

Seth B.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,574 Views)
Seth, please e-mail me directly, I rather not post the project online.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,571 Views)