cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

signal express data logging and signal procesing

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear Jim.

1. I can't calculate cos (phi) because of cos (phi) is power factor that can be calculate by attached equation.

2. I know how i can acquire data from DAQ device but i don't how i can show all of channels on one screen because of i m not sure size of screen is enough

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(4,689 Views)

To calculate the power factor, you have to use multiple equations, correct? those equations you linked. You can have multiple formula steps, each of which will take care of one of those equations. Or you can do some more math and form a new equation where Cos(phi) = a combination of the other 3 equations in terms of the data that you are acquiring.

Also, the graph should autosize itself to include all channels that you are aqcuiring, if you select autosize. I suggest you try it and see what happens. You may find that what you get is what you want.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(4,684 Views)

1.  I have calculated mentioned equation again and you are exactly right because of i can make simple these equation.

2. I haven't found autosize tool where is

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(4,669 Views)

The Auto Scale feature can be accessed by right-clicking on your display and select X Scale (or Y Scale).  By default this should be enabled however. 

I am not really sure what the concern is with showing all of the data on the screen, could you post a screenshot that shows the issue?  You can set the scales on your display to any value you wish, and you can create multiple displays to show different channels on each if that is what you need to do.

-John 

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(4,661 Views)

to acquire and show data that come from up to 80 channel what can i do if i could't squeeze all of them..

Please look up to attached file.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(4,658 Views)

Hi teknosat,

You don't need to have a seperate display for each channel, you could combine channels on the same display if you wish as follows: 

-John

Message Edited by John P on 04-13-2009 11:58 AM
John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(4,654 Views)

Hi John thank a lot for your helping and quick response but

if i want to show temprature mean value (all of them) as thermometre shape instead of XY graph what can i do?

Please look up the attached file.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(4,648 Views)

Hi teknosat,

You can right-click on the display in SignalExpress and go to View As » Thermometer, as shown in the attached picture. If all channels of your data were on the same chart, they will be changed to each appear as a thermometer and they will all be contained in the same display. This will probably cause a problem if you have a large amount of channels since they will not show up correctly in the same display, as the screen size is not large enough. The other option is to create an individual display for each channel, which will allow you to use different scales for different channels.

Because you are dealing with a very large set of data, I would suggest trying to use individual displays for each channel, so that you can resize the displays. You can also add multiple data views to fit all the channels in your project, though they will be on different tabs if you do it this way. Hope this helps,
Daniel S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(4,620 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author uÖzkan

Ok i will use multiple display to show all channel on one screen with using tab segment.

Thanks a lot for all.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(4,611 Views)