SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

save ctroout

Hi,

I am using Pulse Counter in SignalExpress 2012 to generate a pulse that is used as an excitation and then I am acquiring some signals (@10kHz) with 2 devices (PCI6251, PCI-MIO-16E-1). The pulse generated is sent to ctr0Out of the PCI-MIO.

For analysis purposes I desparetly need the signal at ctr0Out to be saved to file with the acquired signals. I want to write the signal directly (like you can do with the generation step: in the save step you can add directly the generated signal to the group of signals you want to save) without sending it to an input channel of the device since this implies sending it to an anti-aliasing filter.

My question is:

How can I do that?

If it is possible, since I want synchrounous signals, shall I put all the reference clock to the corresponding clock of ctr0Out?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Francesco

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,236 Views)

Hi Francesco,

unforunately in Signal Express you cannot save or record output signals.

One option, if you have access to LabVIEW, is to create a custom step that allow you to generate and save.

http://www.ni.com/white-paper/3203/en/

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,170 Views)

Hi,

thanks a lot for the reply, at least now I know that this is not possible.

However, if anyone will have the same problem here is my solution: I generated a pulse as a difference of 2 steps (I used the operator sign to generate the step signals) writing directly the formula. A

Another option was to generate it with other programs, save it to file and then read the signal from it.

Best

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,167 Views)