From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

multiplexing rate

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am using Signal Express 3.0.  I used several data cables to connect three channels together. Different sine wave signals with different sampling rates were sent to these channels. When I took a look at the signas in time domain and measuerd the interchannel delay, it showed that the multiplexing rates are differrent. I am wondering whether it is possible to change the multiplexing rate in Signal Express. Is this a problem for data aquisition and the accuracy of the data?

Thanks a lot!

Ningyu Zhao
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,425 Views)
You are not able to change the multiplexing rate or in Signal Express.  If you have LabVIEW you can adjust this via a property node.  However, our devices should have a consistant multiplexing rate between the two channels.  How exactly are you measuring this rate?  What device are you using?
Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(6,414 Views)

Hi Jordan,

Thank you for your reply. The attached file includes all of the interchannel delay and the multiplexing rates which I measured by looking at the time domain signals. I am sure those values are reliable. I also attached the Signal Express project. I am using Signal Express 3.0, NI USB-6251 and BNC-2110.

Thanks a lot.

Ningyu Zhao
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,411 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rico1985

Ningyu,

This is normal to see a different interchannel delay or multiplexing rate because this is derived from the frequency you are sampling at.  With a higher sampling frequency you will need a faster convert clock so all of your channels can be sampled before the next sample clock edge occurs.  The documents below discuss what the convert clock is and how the rate is determined.

How is the Convert (Channel) Clock Rate Determined in NI-DAQmx and Traditional NI-DAQ? 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/42484E84DA98053686256D32006E0494?OpenDocument

Difference Between the Sample Clock (Scan Clock) and the Convert Clock (Channel Clock)

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4D1435DF82EF494186256D8A006DD6D4

Regards,
Jordan F
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(6,384 Views)