SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to send signal out from PCI 6010

I'm using signal express 2010 liecensed version. Now I want to create an AC signal and send it via NI PCI 6010 to servo motor. I tried many time, but it does not work. I click the  example, signal express is automatically closed. Pls help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,058 Views)

NI consultants, pls help me in this matter.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,054 Views)

Is your problem that you cannot create an AC signal from the PCI-6010 or that Signal Express automatically closes when you try and load an example.

By "automatically closed" do you mean the SignalExpress crashes to the desktop and you have to relaunch it?

Please describe your hardware.

SCXI- 1000 Chassis w/ 1346 adapter
PCI 6281 DAQ card
SCXI- 1520 Bridge Board w/ 1314 Terminal Block (x2)
SCXI- 1180 Feedthrough Panel w/ 1302 Block
Signal Express 2014.
Win7 Enterprise
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,050 Views)

I'm using signal express 2010 to create an AC signal. The AC signal is created initially. Now I want to send it via NI PCI 6010 to control pulse width modulation, for example. The problem is: i cannot get the connection diagram. I don't know how to use the help. Everytime I tried to open the example files, the signal express off itself automatically. Its a licensed version. 

I need examples to know how to create a signal, then send it via Analog Output. I don't get the CB-37F-LP Quick Reference Label in internet. So I don't know which pin is given for AO1 and AO2.

I'm also using another computer with signal express 2009, PCI 6221 with SCB -68 connector. The connector has legend to tell which pin is given for analog output. Whereas the  CB-37F-LP has nothing to indicate the connections. However the NI PCI 6010 can acquire signal as I have tried in few cases. 

Now I need an example to know : HOW TO CREATE A SIGNAL AND SEND IT VIA ANALOG OUTPUT.

Pls help me.

Message 4 of 6
(6,046 Views)

pls tell me if u need more info. pls.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,032 Views)

I posted the following on the other thread you wrote.

I am not sure if this is the problem but I have a NI6010 and the analog output is rated as "Static". From the work that I have done with mine this means that you can't change the output very quickly. I never really tried to see how fast it can change but it is slow. I don't know how that plays into the signal you are trying to sent your servo.

It sound like you are trying to create a dynamicly changing analog output on th NI6010. You will not be able to to it very fast. It is called a 'Static" line and it can only be changed slowly.

Message 6 of 6
(6,018 Views)