From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help with 9411

Need some help with 9411 in SignalExpress

The 9411 has 6 A/B inputs and 4 counters (so how would you use all 6 inputs?)

I need to use the high-speed 2 counter frequency step.  So I assume I can then only use 2 input pairs per 9411 since it only has 4 counters.

So for each 9411 I have 2 encoder A/B inputs on DI0a/b and DI2a/b (which are measuring chemical flow rate).

When I select high-speed mode (2 counters), how do I know which counters it's using?  I keep getting error that resource is already in use.  I created a step for each input as suggested.

I assume the PFI input terminals are the 6 DI A/B input pairs but why do PFI0, PFI1 and PFI2 show input and the other do not.  I would assume only PFI0 and PFI2 work since that is where I have the inputs connected to.

I've used the linear position step which uses both A/B signals and it looks correct.  But when using the freq step the #s are very wild, ranging from 0Hz to 1MegaHz ???

So which counters are used in high-speed freq mode?

What are the PFI?  Why do that not match to the DI inputs?

Unable to find any proper documentation on this.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,029 Views)

Also why is the Y scale not in time?  It's shown in interations.  How do I graph it over time?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,023 Views)

It appears like I can only use 2 sets of counters regardless of how many 9411 cards I have.

Is the 9188 limited to 4 counters in total?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,019 Views)