SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data analysis problem

Hi, 

I've had some data files with a mysterious problem - when I go to playback and try to manipulate them - with filter, subset and resample, etc., the analysis yields no results.  In the case of filter, there are two graphs - a top one that shows the input data, and a lower one that shows the result of the filter function.  For these problem files, the results graph is blank.  I've tried hitting run, trying different analysis functions, changing the block size, restarting the program and computer... pretty much everything I can think of doing.  The first time I encountered this, I had received an error at the end of making the record for data discontinuity.  The data seemed to be fine, however; at least I could manipulate it in the monitor and record area - the problem only came with playback.  Interestingly, I was able to manipulate the data in DIAdem with no difficulty - I'm just more used to using Signal Express so would prefer to handle analysis there.  The second data file that gave the same problem as above did not have the data discontinuity error...

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem might be?

Thanks, Myra

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,539 Views)
Could you post a sample data file and your SignalExpress project so we can look at it?  Without these, we are just speculating.  Also, what version of SignalExpress are you using?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,530 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for your response.  I don't know how to add my project file and sample data to a post - please advise.  I'm using Labview Signal Express Version 2.5.0.

Thanks, Myra

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,524 Views)

Sorry -

I realized how to attach files, and have added my project file - but when I tried to attach one of my problem data files, I got an error that the file is too big.  I could use DIAdem to select a subset of the data and try to post that if that would be useful...  Perhaps the meta file is more important anyways?  I'm going to try to compare two meta files - for data that I can and cannot analyze in SE, and will post any differences I find. 

Thanks!

Myra                                                                  

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,522 Views)
There is not obvious problem with the project, so we need the logs to find out what the real issue is.  You can try ZIPping them to see if they make the limit.  It may be easier to post these to our FTP site.  I will get this info to you as soon as I can.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,496 Views)

Hi myra,

Can you upload all the files to the following ftp folder after zipping it up ftp://ftp.ni.com/incoming. Open a Windows Explorer window and navigate to the site (or copy and past the link). Once you've done that, please do post back with the name of the file so we can go and get it. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,488 Views)