From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

converting .imu files to excel or csv using .net

Hello,

Not sure if this is the best place for this question, but here goes. Can you convert .imu files to something like csv or xls using .NET? I've never used LabView, so that wouldn't be an option for me, and like most demands I get, it's needed for yesterday so i don't really have time to learn it. Long story short, we have an old LabView application which generates .imu files (some kind of  SignalExpress report, or results files from what i gather), which are normally converted to xls by our Labview application, which seem to need to have MS-Office installed on the machine to work. It only works with older version of office though, and asking the client to install office 2003 or 2007 on their machine isn't really an option. I just want to make a small tool that would take those files, and convert them to something else, like xls or csv through possibly an open-source library or the like. I just need to be able to make sense of the .imu file to begin with, i'm pretty sure i could manage after that. Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

English isn't my first language, so i'm hoping what i just wrote make sense. Let me know if any more details are needed.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,663 Views)

Hi! I noticed you have another thread open: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/converting-imu-files-to-excel-or-csv-using-net/td-p/3272487. You actually reduce your chances of getting a helpful response by having two threads open, so could you please keep the discussion to that thread?

I was wondering from that discussion, how exactly did you get a .imu file? Can you provide a screenshot of the functions you used? What kind of sensor are you using in your system? Again, please post responses on the other thread.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,644 Views)

Hello,

Ya, sorry about the double post, I originaly posted my question in the labview forums, but then got a hint that maybe those file were specific to SignalExpress, so I posted my question here, but i can't seem to be able to delete my original post, sorry about that, i'm not trying to spam the forums. I'll post screenshots about how we get those files in the original thread shortly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,637 Views)