From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is SignalExpress not registering all scope channels during start-up?

Why is SignalExpress not registering all scope channels during start-up? FYI: Scopes are powered on, all channels are on, scopes are connected to computer with correct IP addresses (VISA Resource Tab).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(6,112 Views)

mander,

When you say that signal express is not registering "all" channels, does that mean that some of the channels are registered and not others? What devices are you trying to use in signal express? Scope is fairly ambiguous. Are you using "IVI Scope Acquire"? Any additional information you could supply will be useful.

Regards,

Ian K.
Software Developer
Data Ahead AG
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(6,091 Views)

Hello Ian and/or other AE,

Sorry for the delay in returning to this issue. Priority was shifted to another fire. I am ready now if you are up to the challenge and would appreciate your help. I am currently using two Tektronix Scopes (Models DPO4034 and DPO4034B) and encountering the same issue as before. SignalExpress (upon startup) randomly registers the four channels on each scope. Scopes are on with channels displayed before starting SignalExpress software. Also, if all channels do register, some have incorrect names (i.e. DPO4k instead of DPO4034) which corrupts calculation STEPS in SignalExpress. However, if all channels do register and the user is quick enough to notice incorrect channel names, user can Sync SignalExpress with scopes to correct errors before running. Unfortunately, registering all channels during SignalExpress startup is a rare occurrence . . .

Sincerely,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,959 Views)

Attached are screen shots of issues.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,958 Views)

Attached are screen shots of the manually corrected channels after startup.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(5,957 Views)

Hello mander,

Have you tried repairing or reinstalling the NI-VISA driver and/or SignalExpress? I'm assuming you the scopes you are using talk to SignalExpress with serial communication, so that could be a place to start. Have you been able to use the scopes successfully in any other programs besides SignalExpress?

Regards,

Ian K.
Software Developer
Data Ahead AG
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(5,933 Views)

Hello Ian,

Connection is through Ethernet. By the way, if I decrease number of channels displayed on each scope (i.e. 2 channels on DPO4034 and three channels on DPO4034B) then these five channels at least routinely register in SignalExpress upon startup . . . though usually with incorrect names [i.e. DPO4k(CHx) instead of correct DPO4034(CHx) and DPO4034B(CHx)]. As stated before in last posts, if the correct number of channels displayed register, we can simply Sync-to-Scope and SignalExpress then finds and corrects channel names prior to running calculations in program. Finally, I have tried re-installing SignalExpress with no success.

Sincerely,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(5,929 Views)

Hey Michael,

I don't think the problem would be with SignalExpress. I'm assuming the issue is with the driver you are using. Did you download one of the IVI drivers for Tektronix scopes from here?

http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.download_page?p_id_guid=1C445FA0619D698AE0440003BA7CCD...

NI-VISA is one of the dependencies of that driver, make sure you have the correct version of NI-VISA and maybe try reinstalling the IVI driver or trying to find another one. I notice that SignalExpress is not one of the supported application environments for the driver... Have you tried using the driver in LabVIEW?

Ian K.
Software Developer
Data Ahead AG
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(5,925 Views)

Hi Ian,

We installed all software from the two CDs that came with Tektronix DPO4034B scope (one for TekScope and one for SignalExpress). Appears we have NI-VISA version 4.2 and IVI Compliance Package Version 3. We did not download any drivers from NI website.

Regards,

Michael

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(5,923 Views)