SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't SignalExpress set the correct excitation based on the TEDS excitaion levels?

I have a transducer with TEDS class II data written to it.  I specify an excitation voltage range of 2.0V to 7.5V, with a nominal voltage of 5.0 volts on the TEDS.  I'm using a USB cDAQ-9171 with an NI-9219 module.  Why doesn't SignalExpress set the correct excitation based on the TEDS excitaion levels?

I understand that the module is only spec'd up to 2.7Vex.  The only option you can manually enter in MAX is 2.5V, and that is within the Vex limits of the module.  So why isn't SE or MAX changing the Vex based on that information?  Isn't the whole point of TEDS and plug and play that the hardware sets up correctly?

Is this a bug?  This doesn't seem like expected behavior and I don't see any mention of it in the known issues list for SE 2013.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,649 Views)

I meant to add these originally...

MAX_TEDS.JPG

SE_TEDS.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,645 Views)

It does seem like odd behavior. I haven't run into this before.

However, I did happen to come across this article that could help explain how the excitation voltage gets set:

http://ae.natinst.com/public.nsf/web/searchinternal/14e56267af718a6e8625787e006df1bf?OpenDocument

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,616 Views)

I could not open your link...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,606 Views)