SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User-defined analog output

Hello,

We are using a NI PCI-6115 to generate two output waveforms that will be used to operate a scanner.  I thought it would be easy to use SignalExpress to do this; however, our waveforms are user-defined (not generic like sine or sawtooth). Below is an image of how we would like our waveform to look like. Going up, we would like 512 points; going down, we would like 100 points. We would also like to have the option to select the duration of time between each point, and also be able to limit the maximum and minimum voltages for our waveform. Thanks, I appreciate any help you can offer! 

waveform.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(5,404 Views)

Unfortunately, SignalExpress does not natively support this waveform type (please submit a product suggestion here!).  You have several options:

1. Create your waveform in a text or HWS file, import it into SignalExpress, and output using the 6115.  This lacks interactivity, but is probably the easiest and most straightforward.
  2. If you have LabVIEW, create a user step which generates the function. 
  3. Create the function using combinations of Create Analog Signal, Arithmetic, and Formula steps.  You can probably get what you want by performing operations on multiple sawtooths.  However, the interface would be frustrating, at best.
I would recommend option 1.  And please submit a product suggestion.  A feature request has a much higher likelihood of making it into a future version if it comes from a customer.  If we can be of further help, let us know.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(5,397 Views)