SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Defined Steps / Version conflicts

Hi folks,

I am trying to get warm with my brand new software packages LV 8.6 and SignalExpress 3.0

In particulary I want to create a "user Step" in SE (SignalExpress) which means using a LV Vi  in SE.

In SE I must select which LV version the VI was written with. The selection allows several Versions up to 8.5, but not 8.6.

I do not have any of the supported oder versions. When I use the "save as oder version" in LV, SE still does not accept the VI as user step.

I have read through the description "Creating SignalExpress Plug-Ins with LabView", but that did not really help me out. The paper is well written, but somewhat outdated.

Anyone who has a suggestion for me?

Thanks

Gerd

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,197 Views)

found it!

In Signal Express 3.0 I can add user steps  for LV 8.6.

In Sound and Vibration Assistant (which looks like SignalExpress) only VIs from LV up to 8.5 are possible.

However, I am still fighting to  get the input signals sorted out. Datatypes are not very well documented for SignalExpress.

Cheers

Gerd

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,181 Views)

Hi Gerd,

the Sound and Vibration Assistant extends Signal Express to provide specific sound and vibration measurements and analysis.

Usually the latest LabVIEW version is supported. When version 6.0 has been released LabVIEW 8.5 was the latest. - So I assume you have version 6.0. 

In version 7.0 LabVIEW 8.6 is supported - just tested.

Have fun with Signal Express and a nice weekend. 

With best regards

Ralf N.

LabVIEW SignalExpress Data Types:  

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371268J-01/expresswb/datatypes/ 

Passing Data to a LabVIEW VI in SignalExpress

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/CAD7D7DAF2C8EA9C8625709000595594?OpenDocument

VI Guidelines for User Defined Steps In SignalExpress

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/16C5D8013AD8EDF486256FFE007B19BC?OpenDocument 

Message Edited by ralfn on 01-16-2009 09:50 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,163 Views)

I found the following way to get it working:

Signal Express 3.0 has a view for all available steps. In this view LV 8.6 user steps are available.

If the separate view for the Sound and Vibration steps is selected, only user steps for LV up to 8.5 are available.

I now use the all steps view and the user steps work O.K. This was a bit confusing, but I'm fine now.

Seems that there is already the version 7 for SVA is available? In my shipment first days of january I still got version 6.

Maybe I have chances for an upgrade f.o.c.

Thanks to all who responded.

Gerd

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,136 Views)

Hi Gerd,

I'm happy that it works for you now with the 'View all steps'-workaround.

Furthermore the NI sales team will get in touch with you within the next days. 

Best regards,

Ralf N.

Applications Engineering

Germany

Message Edited by ralfn on 01-20-2009 06:49 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,131 Views)