From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer Licensing

Hello,

I would like to transfer licensing from one laptop to another.

How canI accomplish this?

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(6,794 Views)

Your NI software user agreement allow you to use the same serial number on up to 3 computers - have you already passed that limit?

Chris
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Certified TestStand Architect
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(6,789 Views)

I have no idea,

I am not the original purchaser of the software and I wouldn't even know where the original license key is?

Perhaps NI has a list of all of the software purchased by my employer?

Tim
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(6,783 Views)

If you know who pruchased the software orginally, NI should be able to find the license.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(6,775 Views)

I have a home license on an old pc that barely runs. I want to get a new computer and install my labview on it. Can I just use the same license code to install on a new machine?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(6,482 Views)

Yes.  NI user agreement allows you to have LabVIEW installed on any 3 machines simultaneously.  In this case it sounds like you'll only be getting rid of it on your old computer and installing it on the new one, so you'll only be using it on 1 machine and will be well within the user agreement.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(6,477 Views)

Thanks for the reply. Sorry to get back so late as I recently moved and well, you know....

Anyway, when I first got my home license it was required that I provide the unique id from the pc that I am running it on.

You're saying that now I can use the same license file that was generated for the origional pc on a seperate pc?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(6,342 Views)

Yes.  Simply input your license number when you install the software and you'll be fine.

Chris
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(6,336 Views)

Awesome. Now to go buy a new computer!

Thanks alot!

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(6,333 Views)
You CANNOT use the unique key that was generated from your old pc's id. You should have disabled the license on the first and then request new activation with your serial number.

p.s. Why the post to the SignalExpress board? Why not to the board dedicated to licensing?
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(6,317 Views)