SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timestamp on "save to ascii" step

I am having Signal Express V2.5 to capture two channels of analog data directly to hard drive by using the “Save to ASCII” step, but this step doesn’t seem to put a timestamp column right next to the two analog channels!!   I am hoping this “Save to ASCII” thing will give me an option to put either real time or relative time in the data file.   Does anyone able to get the timestamp to work?

Also, would the new Signal Express V3.0 give u the timestamp option in the “Save to ASCII”?

Thanks in advance for this matter!

KC

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,615 Views)

I tried several scenarios in version 3.0 and the default always gave me a time column in both LVM and ASCII modes when used with waveform data (e.g. the output of the Create Analog Signal step).  I will locate a version 2.5 installation and try to reproduce your problem.

It is possible that your data is not waveform data, depending on how you generated it.  In this case, the behavior you see could be normal.  If this is the case, you can generate a time column using Create Analog Signal and the sawtooth function set to a single cycle over your entire data set (a linear ramp).

Can you post your project so we can look at it?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,610 Views)

Dear DFgray:

Here is the seproj file I 've been using, and the exported file "data.txt" doesn't have the timestamp column right next to two analog channels....    The two analog channels are ramp waveform based, and they are basically the output of two of our sensors.   Please take a look and thank you for your help!

KC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,605 Views)

You are saving the mean of your data, not the data itself.  The mean is a scalar value and scalar values do not currently save timestamps when using the Save to ASCII step.  However, there is a relatively simple workaround.  Instead of using the Save to ASCII step, use the logging feature to store your mean values.  Logging normally stores in a TDMS format, but in the Tools>>Options, under logging, there is an option to automatically convert the log to ASCII when finished.  This should give you what you want.  Let us know if you need more details.

I have reported the problem to R&D (request number 128564).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,574 Views)